Thursday, December 6, 2012

Well helloooo!

Date: Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 11:05 AM
Subject: well helloooo!
To: carolyn owens <carolyndowens@gmail.com>


Hello Familia,

How goes it? The weather is good there huh? Well it's been pretty good here too! It hasn't snowed all week. It's been chilly, but not cold enough to snow :) thank goodness! But, it is raining outside right now. I love it here. The weather is great! I can't believe it's already DECEMBER! Where in the world has time gone???? I loved getting all the letters from the friends around the world--thanks mom, you are a champ! They all sound fantastic and make me want to be a better missionary. Seriously. Their letters come at good times :) They cheer me up--not that i'm not happy or anything. They just make me even more happy and excited to serve the Lord! The work here is good! We found 3 new investigators this week which we are excited for because not many of our investigators are really progressing.. but one of the came to church on Sunday! which was great because we really had been trying to get him there and finally he came and the ward was great and accepting and everything. We are hoping to find 3 more this week and get 3 to church on Sunday! Being a missionary is mind blowing. There is so much that goes into planning and preparing people for lessons, church, baptism and confirmation, retention efforts, etc. I never realized all the skills I lacked in setting goals and planning until I came on a mission--man from now on I want to set goals for life! They are great! President is really pushing 3 new investigators this week and 3 investigators to church on Sunday. Apparently 1 in every 6 people that attend church get baptized.. hence the push :) we are all trying to baptize monthly. President Clements is amazing. He has such a great vision and confidence in us as missionaries and in increasing the work in Minnesota. There is so much to do and so little time, but we know as we are obedient to his counsel, blessings will come and people will progress. We are really seeking the spirit this week--in everything we do. We have a Christmas Conference on Wednesday and we are excited for it :)

This past week we went on exchanges and Sister Taufer and I went to Dinkytown-aka- on campus with the sisters there. IT was a lot of fun. Basically they contact all day long! That is where my trainer served for about 9 months of her mission before coming to med lake. (I don't think she liked it very much...) but, we talked with so many people and we actually taught a lesson and invited someone to be baptized right outside on campus--she was a sweet chinese girl and it was so cool! then we had a lesson that night with someone and invited him to be baptized--he said yes! It was neat! I love being a missionary at times like that when the spirit is strong and you see people's faces light up when they understand things and it all makes sense! :) ah. the wonderful opportunity we have. Sometimes I think I take things too lightly and other times I take things too seriously. It's easy to get caught up in the little stresses and not to see the bigger picture of how we can help people continue to progress and grow in faith. But, when we really understand the importance of the work and when we are truly converted, talking with everyone and seeking to work becomes so much easier! I want to wear out my life in the service of God especially at this time as a missionary. Acting on those desires is sometimes much harder than you think, but prayer is real and God is aware. (i don't know if that made any sense...)

Anyway, man, everytime I write a letter home I can't help but be so happy and laughy! Sister Taufer is staring me down right now because I am taking too long writing you :) She loves waiting for me :) She's a go getter! and she's reading everything I am saying right now :) hahahahah muahhahaha I am going to keep writing just to bug her :) just kidding. anyway, be good, do good, pray good, serve good, AND CHOOSE THE RIGHT!  This week we got to do a little activity with the mia maid class. they were suppose to invite a friend to the activity and we were going to answer any questions they had and do a short thought. many of them invited friends but there ended up only being one nonmember there :) it was still good. we talked about prayer and how we are daughters of God. I am amazed at the strength of the youth! They are incredible people! oh boy.

I want each one of you to know, I KNOW this church is Christ's church. I know He lives and died for us. I know I can't make it back to God again without Him. I know Heavenly Father is in the details. I know He loves each one of us. I know the Plan of Salvation is true and real. I know we can be together forever as we strive to live the commandments and keep our covenants. I know there is no better place to be in than in the service of your fellowbeings and in the service of God. Sometimes I forget that. Christ is the only person that knows how we feel completely. He loves us fully and everything that is unfair about life can be made right through the Atonement of Jesus Christ. Anything that is unfair whether spiritually, physically, mentally, etc. We can become whole again. I know it because I need to become whole again every day. I know we all have gifts and abilities we are suppose to use to help build up others and His church and to prepare others for His coming. I love this work. I love being a missionary. There is no place I would rather be than on a mission serving the Lord. Thanks for all of your examples and love to me. I think of you often (but not enough to distract obviously;) I pray for you daily and I hope you know I am so proud of each one of you. I love you! :) Have a great week in Utah! Talk to you next week!

Thanks mom for the Christmas package and for all the packages in the past. You really know what I need :) And those bracelets you sent have now become our baptizing bracelets :) everytime we invite or baptize someone we put a bead on haha it's great! And transfers are in a few more weeks and I will most likely stay here again and finish Sister T's training unless for some reason she needs a different companion. But, half my mission in the same place=craziness! I do love it here though :) a change might be nice, however, I will go where He wants me to go. We still have work to do here I guess! :) LOVE YOU ALL! give the kiddoe's lots of love from me!

Love,
 Sister Owens

No comments:

Post a Comment