Monday, December 17, 2012

Huuuuulo

Kristen Owens
Dec 10 (7 days ago)

to me
Hey Family,
 
Sorry this letter is late and will probably be pretty short. So we had a HUGE snow storm--12 inches or so! And we could not drive anywhere yesterday or today so Sister Taufer and I walked to a members home to get a recording device for a special gift for Pres and Sis Clements.. On the way back we got to help a sweet old man shovel his driveway..HE was a member of the RLDS church--what are the odds--and he let us inside and we talked with his Lutheran wife and they were so sweet. They gave us rootbeer and it was a nice service opportunity :) They really were sweet. I loved it. We walked to the grocery store and back home and now we are writing letters on the Wilson's computer. So the last hour of church was cancelled yesterday :) it was pretty exciting! Yesterday we did lots of service shoveling snow and made some phone calls and such :) we have the best ward ever by the way. I love it here! Last week we found 5 new investigators who are looking really promising! WE are so excited to teach them and we have a referral from mormon.org we are teaching this week as well. super cool! And some members have some friends they want us to meet! whoo whoo. it'll be a good week! And yes I LOVED ALL THE PACKAGES I receieved from you and Becca and Wanda and all the Christmas cards from the extended family are amazing :) I get more letters from extended family than i do my immediate family (hint hint brothers and sisters).
 
Christmas Conference was great! WE all wore ugly sweatesr and bought Presi and Sis Clements one as well :) it was cute :) we also watched October Sky and had some great trainings on Planning and Finding :) I loved it.
 
Our investigators are great... we don't have any date sets as of yet but this week we are really hoping to see some great miracles and get 3 to church on SUnday  (it got moved due to the weather)
 
I don't need anything really other than some thick tights...that might be nice. and some wool socks...its starting to get pretty cold! But, I am SOOO grateful for the nice warm coat and hats and everything you sent me :) they are coming in handy! And Brother and Sister Wilson just got called as mission presidents to an english speaking mission! So crazy! WE will miss them so very much! They leave in July... :( but they will be fabulous! I love them. They amaze me!
 
I love you family so very much! i love being a missionary at this time of the year. Christmas is no better time to truly serve and love those around me. We get to share messages of Christ, the Savior and Redeemer of the world! He is the reason for everything! There truly is no other greater calling than a missionary at this time of year. Man. I need to keep remembering that. I'm trying to think of some funny things that happened but nothing is really coming to mind... just if you could keep praying for our area and investigators to come unto Christ. And for us.. I love you all! You are amazing examples to me! I seriously could not have asked for a better family! You make me want to be better! I miss you a lot especially now, but I feel right at home here in Minnesota with the members and people :)  I really do love it here. Thanks for all you do! Keepp it up! I pray for you daily! I hope all is well! Partay on!
 
Love,
  Sister Owens
 
The Wilsons say hello :)
 
Sister Taufer is awesome and we are really getting along well :) The work is going! WE got a senior couple in the ward they are fabulous :) Send pics! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment