Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Hiiiii

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Kristen Owens
Date: Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 11:00 AM
Subject: Hiiiii
To: carolyn owens

Hello mi familia,

How goes it back in Utah? Did it snow there yet? It snowed here for the first time except it didn't stick :) it's just been super cold. And we have been bundling up! so mom....I forgot to tell sister Wilson to call you..... and I think she has already left.....I am so so sorry! But, I do know she is going back in a month or so to drop Brother Wilson off again...He is teaching at BYU again I think. I will let her know then for sure what's going to happen.

This week was pretty uneventful except we had a pretty cool tender mercy and miracle. We had a few minutes before an appointment and we quickly decided to stop by a less active member who we had never met with or heard about. She let us right in and we talked with her for a few minutes. We were able to go back a few days later and we read with her from the Book of Mormon. She said she just wanted to keep reading more! :) She also expressed how she wants to come back to church and wants to meet with the Bishop. We were so excited. I really felt like for the first time in a long time we were in the right place at the right time. The Lord knows His children. I just want to be an instrument in His hands so very badly. I want Him to trust me as much as I trust Him. It's hard sometimes not to get frustrated with your weaknesses (most times I feel like I'm doing nothing right! haha) but I was just reading in a talk today called Being a Consecrated Missionary and it talks about putting everything on the sacrificial alter, including your weaknesses. I guess I really need to rely on the Atonement more in order to do that. Really just give my weaknesses to Him and He can help me make them strengths. I have learned so much these past two transfers. Oh man, I feel so guilty though because I know I can be doing so much more and so much better. It's just hard to balance everything--seriously--that's the hardest thing for me. I just want people to accept the message automatically! haha but, that usually doesn't happen unless they are truly prepared (which is awesome). But, all in all missionary work is great. We are working with a few slowly progressing individuals and are really trying to find new investigators (if you want you can pray for us to find people who are ready). We are trying new things and working more with the ward and less active members. It should be pretty exciting this week.

Well, just letting you know, as I recently flipped through some pic pics, Sister Owens is getting a little chunky... just call me chunky fudge jr I guess ;) (that was for you mom and dad). It's too cold to go outside to exercise now so I feel like I don't get a good enough work out inside doing stairs...the jump rope is exciting though! :) I have determined to be better this week=more focused and diligent as ever. Really apply the counsel I receive and become a consecrated missionary! I hate feeling like I'm not doing all I can. It's dumb.

Transfers are next week==AH! but I think Sis. M and I will stay together one more or I'll stay here in the area...we hope at least. It's gonna be crazy! I can't believe it is almost November too! Holy Moly.

T dawg and S dawg are doing great. They are getting baptized next week on the 10th! They are awesome! Sister Mansfield and I pretty much teach all single men, it's pretty ridiculous and the elders in our ward teach pretty much all single women. It's super funny. Okay, I exaggerated, we teach women too. We really just want to find a family! oh man! that would be joyous! :) Well, the weather is dull but the work is exciting! I'm looking out the window at the dismal gray, but I really just want to go out and shout at all the people to come and listen! I was reading in that same talk this morning and it talked about a man who was called on a mission for about 25 years he served the church as a missionary in all different areas. he wrote in his journal that he desired to be serve in his hometown area so he could take care of his family, but he knew the Lord called him elsewhere. he said he desired to declare the gospel the rest of his life pretty much. I loved reading about his faith. He had his priorities straight, that's for sure. I can't imagine serving for that long and being away from your family for that long, except I do know the Lord provided for him and that his family was well taken care of. To serve the Lord is what we all promised to do--for the rest of our lives--to become dedicated servants. Will you please pray for me to have the faith this week to serve to the best of my ability? And I want you to know, I feel your prayers every day. I couldn't do this without you guys. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful family who loves the Lord and knows the Plan. But, really. I am grateful everyday for you. I pray for you a lot as well. And I don't worry about you ever because I know you are well taken care of.

I'm listening to the song "FAITH IN EVERY FOOTSTEP" and I think it's my new favorite song. It gets me pumped to do some finding and teaching and baptizing and bringing people into the fold. This work is so great. Apparently our mission is going to increase by 100 missionaries in the next few months :) CRAZZZZZY. Ah. it's intense. There is so much work to do! Okay, I'm just blabbing on and on. I will stop.

so I miss you all and I love hearing stories about the lil' cuties. I miss them so much! I also love reading all the emails from my sibs, o wait, what emails? I don't get any! SHAAAAMMMMEEE! shame on you all. jk I know you have lives and are busy. But, a few words every now and then would be nice. I think Shea wins at being the best sib, he's written me more than once.....and mom and dad rock! Okay, so anyway.

Sister Mansfield and I are going to work our hardest this week! EVA! Bring on the miracles! :) the Lord is in charge! :) so, I am really trying to think of something to say that would be exciting, but I can't.....I love you all! keep being who you are. I truly know this work is great and needs the help of every member. don't be afraid to share the gospel in a natural and normal way, especially you peeps in Washington--you have a lot of opportunities to share this message--help the missionaries out please! Give them referrals. Help prepare your friends to hear the gospel by inviting them to church or FHE or other things :) The Lord needs YOU. Alright, I'm done. I am off to find a family. But, really quickly. I just want you to know that I do have a testimony of my Savior Jesus Christ. It is only through Him that we can change and become. His sacrifice and love for each one of His brothers and sisters makes me want to have more charity. He is center to everything. I know He lives and loves us. I know He suffered for us and I know He did it because He wants each one of us to return to Him again. I know this church is His church, back on the earth in it's fulness to help us obtain all the blessings and peace we can. and to protect us. I love being a missionary. It's humbling, frustrating, hard, wonderful, peaceful, fulfilling, and most especially, it's the best opportunity in the world. I love serving and representing my Savior.

I love you,
  sister owens

No comments:

Post a Comment