Monday, August 20, 2012

What a Week

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Kristen Owens <kristen.owens@myldsmail.net>
Date: Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 10:47 AM
Subject: What a week
To: carolyn owens <carolyndowens@gmail.com>

Hello my lovely family,
I hope all is well in Utah. It sounds like it was a crazy week, but as long as it ended well we are all happy right? :) Well, my poor trainee is Sister Mansfield from Idaho! She is FANTASTIC! :) She has a lot of energy and faith and I am so excited to serve with her.  She was a dental assistant and has amazingly beautiful teeth! haha seriously though I ask for tips all the time.  We are surely learning A LOT together.... This past weekend was great! The baptism was excellent and they were confirmed on Sunday.  They were both so happy! :) I love them so much.  They love the gospel and are so excited to be a part of the church.  We are basically finding a lot now and trying to stay balanced in our efforts, but hopefully this week we will be able to see miracles happen and make strides with the work here in Medicine Lake.  The people here are great and we are trying to build those relationships with the members more now.  There have been a lot of recent converts in the ward between us and the elders this past month so the ward has been doing great with helping them feel more comfortable.  The ward is growing for sure! :)
Sometimes I wonder really why I have been given the opportunity to train because I still feel like I have no clue what is going on.  It's ridiculous.  Please continue to pray for us.... Your prayers help so so much! It's an overwhelming opportunity. Mom--THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE PACKAGE! I loved it! The quote especially about our abilities.  It was such a tender mercy to receive that when I did.  It came the night of transfers and it brought hope to my life! So the work is still going... we are going to be finding some golden people this week and I know the Lord has prepared people for us as long as we are diligent, obedient, and striving to become better, He will always fulfill His promises.  My heart is softening a lot I think...Charity is something I have struggled with and now more than ever I really feel like it's going to become a part of me. I need so much refining! Bah!
I miss and love you family. A LOT.  Sometimes the task at hand seems too hard to bare, then I think, wait, "I'M A MISSIONARY FOR THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER-DAY SAINTS. I have been called to preach this Gospel to all those who will listen." This is the greatest calling ever! Seeing the gospel change the lives of people everywhere is amazing.  I love it! I am learning so much about myself, the gospel, my Savior, and our purpose.  The Doctrine of Christ is so essential. I love applying it every day.  Faith, repentance, renewing that covenant of baptism, and listening to the Holy Ghost every day for the rest of our lives! We are so lucky to have a prophet on the earth today! We are so lucky to have the Book of Mormon which teaches us truth about who we are as Sons and Daughters of God.  I love this gospel! Families can be together forever! I love the priesthood authority and the temple.  I can't express the joy I feel when we share this message with those around us.  So many people don't know where to find the truth and are truly seeking sincerely for it.  We are praying and fasting for miracles this week! Our week is looking pretty exciting! I'll keep you posted :)
Nathan, Shea, Colton, Nicole=please write me a letter :) in the mail if possible :) you have no idea (well okay you probably do) how much getting letters lifts our spirits on missions.  Also, if Sister Randall calls you at all tell her hello for me, mom.  We are making progress out here in this area.  I am learning so much and half of me thinks I need to be training because I need more training myself right now haha AH!
Well, I know this church is true. I know Christ is the center of everything. I know following Him is the only way we can gain salvation and never-ending happiness.  I know God has a plan for us and part of that plan is having a family.  Families are ordained of God.  We get to live with our families FOREVER AND EVER! How amazing is that!!! There is no place I would rather be than right here in Minnesota serving with Sister Mansfield as a full-time missionary for the true church-The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  THE GOSPEL HAS BEEN RESTORED! What an amazing truth!
Tell the family hullo and I love them all! And tell Megs and Kim I love them!!! They will be amazing missionaries!
Love,
   Sister Owens
P.S. kinda a cool story. So as we are writing our emails, a man who we have been teaching, but did not get to see last week comes and sits down right across from us! He said he had to work yesterday but him and his wife will be there next week! Tender mercy? yes. coincidence? no. The Church is true? Y-E-S. No doubt in my mind it is.  I LOVE THE GOSPEL!

No comments:

Post a Comment