Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Ho Ho HOLA! :) cute.

Well hi family, How is life? MERRY CHRISTMAS! I hope you are all enjoying the Christmas Spirit! We sure are! We only had one investigator make it to church this sunday, but that's one more than zero! So that's good :) She is progressing and hopefully we'll get her fiance on board asap as well. There is nothing like being a missionary during the Christmas season. I feel very fortunate and am really excited to deliver some goodies to our members, investigators, and less actives tonight and serve some people! Service is something that I need to do better at. My favorite picture to look at is Christ washing the feet of his disciples. Christ truly had charity. He never thought of himself, He never did anything for himself, everything He did was for the benefit of the world. And He did it all out of His loving kindness and longsuffering for the children of men (us). His whole life was spent in the service of others. There is nothing as rewarding as service. Even the little things go a long way. 

So as far as tomorrow goes (I'm SOOOO excited!!!), we can skype for approximately 40 minutes max! And we will be calling at 1pm here so 12pm your time... we just need to figure out the details of what number we call and such so let me know asap! as in the next 20 minutes.... And it will be skype. So you can see my several chins and all! :) just kidding.

Well this week was pretty good. We taught quite a few lessons and had some good lessons with investigators. We attended seminary with the youth and the elders in our ward had a baptism for a little boy named Henry. He is the son of some of our members from Liberia. They are now a complete baptized family :) We love them! We are really working to baptize in January because that is the goal our zone has set. We are sacrificing and "fasting" for 40 days the things that poke at our spirits (junk food, my pride, etc. I won't go into all the details of what I need to give up). But, it truly is in the sacrifice that brings forth the blessings of Heaven. I don't know who and I don't know how we are going to do it, but the Lord says baptize in january so as it says in 1 Ne 3:7---The Lord giveth no commandment unto the children of men, save He shall prepare a way for them to accomplish the thing which He hath commanded them. Miracles happen! I have seen too many of them to deny that and it all starts with our faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. We have to work and act and not be acted upon. We are really trying to do new things here in this area to find more people to teach. We are excited for what it brings and we are really going to work hard to help our investigators progress! President is really emphasizing teaching and baptizing families. I know there is a family here in our area who is waiting for this gospel. We just have to find them and I know that will be through working better with our members. 

Any suggestions on finding people to teach? Give it freely please! :) Well folks, it's time to go. I love you and can't wait to talk/see you tomorrow! 12pm! Don't be late!

Love,
  SIster Owens

No comments:

Post a Comment