Monday, November 12, 2012

Hiiiiii

From: Kristen Owens <kristen.owens@myldsmail.net>
Date: Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 10:59 AM
Subject: Hiiii
To: carolyn owens <carolyndowens@gmail.com>


Hello my dearest family,

Okay, first things first: I have not yet purchased warm boots, however, we are going today so I will have them by tonight :) And good thing because the weather has dropped dramatically! Saturday was around 60 degrees and Sunday was FREEZING! And it snowed a little. But, not as much as Utah! :) And I am now wearing my warm coat--super great purchase! Thanks mom for everything, especially for that sweet email you sent. I am going to be more positive this week and optimistic. Our goal as a companionship is to really listen and obey all the promptings we receive. Thanks for that quote by President Monson.

Oh, my new companion is Sister Taufer--she's 29 and is a college graduate of Marketing. She is awesome! She is so well prepared and is already teaching me a lot about how to be a better missionary. She is probably going to be ready to train in 6 weeks I believe. She enjoys running, she likes reading, and she hates the cold (bad timing to come to Minnesota....) haha

Now for the baptisms.....T dawg and S dawg both got baptized and confirmed last weekend. And Brother J (one of my first baptisms) baptized S dawg and received the Melchizedek priesthood the next sunday morning and then confirmed S-dawg as well! :) It was such a neat experience. Brother J is incredible. And the spirit was so so strong in the meeting. I am so grateful to have been apart of it. They are both amazing men and will bring many others into the gospel through their examples. This gospel is true! I'm reminded of that every second! The Lord is really in the details of our lives.

this week we really need to find new investigators....really really bad....most of ours aren't really progressing or they just got baptized... soooo... it would be so great if you could specifically pray for that maybe.... I need your faith mom! You make so many things happen with your faith! :) give me some of it please! haha jk I am amazed at how everything starts with having Faith in Christ. I've noticed that phrase recently in the scriptures "faith in Christ." There is so much to that! I just want to study all day long sometimes.

anyway,we are having a mission conference this week and Elder Gavarret of the seventy is coming to speak to us! It should be really great and get us really excited for the work ahead. We are suppose to prepare a five minute talk on "how I have accepted the blessings of the Atonement in my life." He'll call three people to give that talk (eek...better be well prepared!) It should be really neat though I always look forward to these meetings because it gets you so pumped for missionary work.

so not much to report this week other than transfers and the upcoming miracles we will witness through our diligence and faith! This next week is going to be great! I just know it! :) I hope all is well at home. It sounds like it's good :)

Keep those stories coming of my cute nieces Makena and Hadlee! They are so hilarious I love them and miss them and can't wait to see them again--even the little bouncing baby boys :) ah cuties. Tell erebody hello and that it would be nice to hear from them every once in a while :) or every week even :) seriously family, do you exist???? jk

Okay, well I love you and as always, I know this is God's work. I know Christ lives and everything we do should revolve around him. This is my life goal: 2 Tim 4:7 "I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith." That's what I want to say when I see Him again. I know the Atonement is real. It changes lives and is the only way we can be completely healed. Everything that is unfair about life can be made right through the Atonement of Christ. God has a plan for us. We need to help prepare the world for His coming! It is so urgent and vital that we do all in our power to spread this message. Seriously. The time is now :) keep up the good fight! Work hard and always remember "We are on the Winning team!" :)

I love you,
  Love, Sister Owens

No comments:

Post a Comment